10.04.2011

Mon apartement ici est grand et joli!

I know it's been some time since my last entry, but my reason for that is that I've been sick the past week.  What started out as a cold last week turned into a 3 hour trip to the doctor's office and one diagnosis of a lung infection... and lots of penicillin.

Now I am feeling better (no more high fever, hooray!), except for a bad cough.  Last year I had a very similar cough at this time, and I remember spraining a muscle in my ribs which hurt very bad.  Let's hope my French sickness is kinder to me than my American one!

Over the weekend, when I was feeling well enough to walk around, I emerged from my bedroom... only to find the apartment empty.  "What great news!" I thought to myself, "I can finally snap some photos of the apartment to put on my blog!"  Yes, I actually thought something like that.  I think I was still hazy from a fever, because I know that that is really cheesy.

So, without further ado, here are some pictures of my apartment:

 Here is the bathroom that I share with the kids. You'll see that the bidet is filled with children's bath toys, rather than it's actual purpose (which I still don't really understand...)  I love how huge the bathroom is.
 This is the living room.  It's actually even bigger than this (and at the time, there was a huge cardboard box lying on the floor that had been cut up completely... I missed a lot of crazy things while I was napping, I guess!)
 This is the dining room.  We've only ever used it once (when my host family had Mathieu over for dinner).  Normally it's more of a craft table where the kids play or do homework.
Here is the kitchen!  I sit in the seat closest to the door/windows. 












And the only thing I did last week (besides sleep, lol) was... visit the Notre Dame church (there is more than one in France, which I didn't actually realize until I got here, haha):



The second picture shows an altar that was pretty much located inside a cave, which the photo doesn't truly do justice.

Ok, I'm off to make some tea and soothe this cough of mine! :)  À bientôt!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah - So sorry to learn you were so sick. Hope you are feeling a lot better. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! It's awful that you've been so sick. :( Have you still been having to take care of the kids while you're sick? I hope you feel better soon! That sounds like a seriously hardcore infection. *Hug!*

    Those pictures are gorgeous, especially the altar in the cave...How cool!
    The apartment looks pretty amazing too, wow! I laughed out loud at the bath toys in the bidet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Very cool experience-tho I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it means so much to see those pictures and get a taste of your life, like the fact you sit in that certain chair. It's those small details in your life that usually we'd never get to learn. Keep it up! Tell you host family that I think their house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete